Sticklepath Devon. CAPITAL COMMERCIAL INN To be LET
Exeter Flying Post Thursday 12 March 1857
To be let, by tender, for a term of seven years, commencing 25th day of March next, all that capital Commercial Inn, called the CORNISH INN, situate at Sticklepath, in the Parish of Sampford Courtenay, Devon, now in the occupation of Miss Cook.
The Cornish Inn is situate on the high road from Exeter to Cornwall, and in which a good business has been carried on for many years by the late proprietor, Mr Cook, deceased.
The property offers advantages of no ordinary character to parties desirous of embarking on the business of an innkeeper. The “Times” coach from. Exeter and Truro changes horses at the Inn daily, and in the immediate neighbourhood are extensive mining works.
The premises comprise a large commercial room, with bar, kitchen, seven bedrooms, brewhouse, dairy, scullery, cellar, extensive stabling, and lock-up coach-house, and adjoining are two gardens, one of which is a large one, enclosed by a wall; also a meadow plot containing about three quarters of an acre, as also a barn and shippers, with a part courtlage, and every necessary convenience for carrying on an extensive business.
Persons desirous of taking the premises are requested to deliver tenders for the same at the office of Mr Burd, in Okehampton, on or before Saturday, the 21st day of March instant.
For viewing the premises, application may be made to Mr George Wills, of Sticklepath, and for further particulars at the office of Mr Burd, Solicitor, Okehampton.
Dated Okehampton, 10th March, 1857